Crochet waistcot stitch and colourwork - 17/02/21 - 18:00 to 20:00 (UK time)
Wednesday 17th February 2021 at 18:00-20:00 GMT (UK time)
Waistcoat is a wonderful stitch that produces fabric that looks like knit stitch. It is a perfect stitch for accessories and toys as it is wonderfully dense, it is also ideal for crochet colourwork.
During this project based class we start work on a purse and will learn how to crochet waistcoat stitch, work colourwork using the one-handed and two-handed methods, strand yarn correctly and follow colourwork chart.
In this two-hour class you might not finish the whole purse, but you will learn the techniques required to finish the purse comfortably by yourself.
I will be keeping the class size small as I want everyone to get plenty of help if you need it. Just grab a cup of tea or gin, sit in a comfy chair and enjoy
- Device with internet connection
- 2 colours of DK (8-ply) yarn. Any Dk will be fine, just please choose lighter colours to practice with, avoid dark ones such as navy, dark brown, green or black.
- 3.5 or 4mm crochet hook - whichever size is more comfortable for you. If your tension is standard go for the smaller hook if it's tight use the bigger one.
- You will need to either print (especially the chart) the pattern or have it accessible on a device for the class.
- Post-it note, washi tape or pen to mark the rounds of chart.
This class is suitable for participants who are comfortable with holding the yarn and hook and know how to work basic stitches. Please note that this is not a beginner crochet class.
The Zoom links to the class and pattern will be sent the day before, please make sure you enter the correct email address when booking.
If you haven’t used Zoom before, don’t be afraid is super easy. It can be joined from a phone, tablet or computer. You can download the app beforehand if you wish (just go to https://zoom.us/download) or search for the Zoom app in your app store, but it is not essential, just follow the link in the email I will send.
If you would like to be seen and heard during the class you need to select to have the video and microphone on when joining the class on Zoom. If you rather not, don't worry you can still communicate and ask questions using the chat option.
If you are unable to attend the class for whatever reason I am sorry but I cannot offer refund unless I'm able to refill your spot.
Out of respect for other participants, please don't be late.